Sunday, December 6, 2009

Introduction: Technology throughout my life

Ever since I was born in 1989, twenty odd years ago, i have been surrounded by technology. Technology in all shape, forms, colours and sizes. Prominently present in every aspect of my life.

Technology that was premature in its developement to its function and execution when i was a baby throughout my first years as a teenager. But technology that has grew to a phenomena that has become quite indispensible in my life in this current era.

Because be honest, how would you live your life if technology never existed in this day and age?
From the moment you wake up, it's the alarm clock that makes sure you wake up at the right time, switching on the computer to go on the Internet to check your mailbox. Using a mobile phone to notify someone you are delayed, turn on the television to watch your favourite show after a long day of work.

Face it, without technology, life would be almost unimaginable.
It makes you wonder how people got through life just a few decades ago.

The moment i was put in the cradle by my parents, they used baby phone speakers to check if i'm doing alright. Fast forwarding to today, where almost 60% of my daily routine is spent, using some form of technology.

In this blog, i will take you through periods in my life.
Every period is represented with a piece of technology that has shaped my life to the person i am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment